- Mary Rose has a culture of high expectation which enables pupils to excel in all aspects of their development. We have achieved a range of awards such as Specialist Sports College, Artsmark Gold, Teaching School status, Watersports Hub, Beach School, Rock Challenge regional finalist. This reflects the school’s ambition to ensure a rich and balanced curriculum and to sustain best practice in every aspect of our provision.
- Learning and Teaching is excellent and our pupils are confident learners, showing pride and enjoyment in their learning. They demonstrate high levels of engagement and independence and are enthusiastic about their achievements.
- Pupil outcomes are excellent in all respects and there is a whole school focus on communication, independence and personal development, preparing pupils extremely well for the next stage in their lives.
- Our pupils enjoy school. They are resilient and contribute positively to their learning. Engagement in a wide range of activities including out of hours learning and residential visits is high and reflective of the diversity of the school provision.
- Parents a highly supportive. Recent consultation shows that 100% of parents would recommend the school to another parent.
- Mary Rose has a strong track record of improving outcomes for pupils in different settings. We are a National Support School and a Teaching School and lead the Portsmouth Special Schools outreach service.